The Property Committee at Orange Presbyterian Church is responsible for the upkeep and improvements to the church's physical plant. That includes the sanctuary and the adjacent East Room, the Orange Presbyterian Weekday School facilities, the Fellowship Hall, the Education Wing, plus the parking lot, Memorial Garden, playground, and more! These duties include:
- Plan for and attend to the maintenance of the church’s facilities, grounds and equipment, making a monthly inspection of the property.
- Determine repairs and replacements needed, securing cost estimates for the work, employing persons to do the work, overseeing their efforts.
- Oversee the care of the kitchen, its equipment and utensils, with Presbyterian Women representative.
- Organize and coordinate church work days and clean up events.
- Regularly inspect the building for cleanliness.
- Set policies and rates for using the church’s property by outside groups (excluding weddings and funerals), and serve as the liaison between the church and those groups.
- Make recommendations for major improvements to the buildings, grounds and parking areas.