Church meeting guidelines
during an epidemic illness
- All persons shall maintain at least a six feet separation from one another. No hugs or handshakes, please!
- All persons shall wear a facial mask to prevent the spread of airborne diseases. The mask must cover both nose and mouth at all times.
- All persons shall have their head temperatures taken upon entering the property. Only those whose temperature is below 101 degrees Fahrenheit will be allowed to enter the church building.
- Eliminate all common contact surfaces such as closed doors.
- Leave entrance doors open.
- If possible, enter through one door and exit through another.
- Create fresh air ventilation by using the building air system and open doors and windows.
- No choir or congregational singing to minimize the transmission of airborne viruses.
- No coffee fellowship or sharing of foods or drinks.
- All persons in the meeting room shall remain in the worship/meeting room. There shall be no other groups meeting simultaneously, such as children's church or nursery.
- No shared items are permitted. The offering baskets can be placed at the entrance and exit doors. No passing of communion plates is allowed.
- If a person attending a meeting or worship service becomes ill or a Safety Team member suspects a person is ill, they shall be moved to an isolation room where they can be evaluated and/or treated separate from the meeting.
- All common contact surfaces of the worship/meeting room, access doors, and restrooms shall be disinfected prior to and immediately after the meeting. Also, restrooms shall be disinfected after every use.